Morgaine's Musings

A place for me to share my musings, my crafts, and whatever else comes to mind.

Name:
Location: Hogsmeade, Middle Earth, United States

I am an aspiring fantasy writer. J. K. Rowling and J. R. R. Tolkien are my inspiration. I am a married mom of two. I am studying the Avalonian and Celtic mythologies.

26 October 2006

Six days till NaNo starts.

I think I am ready. I have been planning, jotting down scenes, looking up "elvish" words to use. I hope I am ready. I finally decided I'll will do my WIP, but I am going to start it over from scratch.

The six chapters I already have are going to be scrapped and reworked. I already have some new scene ideas that should be vital to the opening of story. Decided to expand more on the dream scene that sets my story in motion. It isn't just enough to say she had a dream which made her do yada, yada, yada. I need to show more of the dream, it will explain/show more of why things are.

Will I make it to 50,000 words? I honestly don't know. But whatever word count I end up with is more than I have now. If I can just stay focused and on track, I should make it. I can't stand the wait for November 1st though. It's like waiting for christmas. I just want to get started already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home